LLANRHAEADR slumped to a 2-1 defeat at Holyhead Hotspur as the villagers tough start to the JD Cymru North season continued.

Jay Gibbs broke the deadlock for the hosts after just 10 minutes but player-manager Marc Griffiths hit back for the villagers before the break.

Dylan Summer-Jones restored Holyhead's lead with 20 minutes remaining with Griffiths seeing red late on to complete a miserable day in Anglesey for his side.

Elsewhere Welshpool Town left it late to secure the spoils with a 2-0 win at Four Crosses in the Ardal North East League with Ryan Knott and Ryan Edwards netting in the last five minutes to secure the points at Foxen Manor.

Meanwhile Phil Hughes was the hero as Meifod prevailed 3-2 winners at Trefonen in the third round of the Emrys Morgan Cup.

Goals from Liam Jones and Jordan Dean gave Trefonen the lead only for the Kings to hit back through Rob Evans and Hughes with the latter's extra-time penalty completing the comeback.

Meanwhile a Ryan Broadbent double and Jake Harris strike secured a 3-0 win for Llansantffraid at home to Churchstoke.

Liam Pickstock starred with two goals as Llanfyllin Town prevailed 3-1 winners at Trewern United with Lee Griffiths also netting while Warren Roberts reduced the arrears,

Elsewhere Morris Roberts starred with a hat-trick as Llangedwyn strolled to a 6-0 win at home to Llanymynech in the JT Hughes Montgomeryshire League.

Richard Evans, Paul Buckley and Michael Kemble goals completed a comfortable win for the Foxes.

Meanwhile Shaun Roberts netted twice as Waterloo Rovers Reserves toasted a 4-0 win at home to Llanfyllin Town Reserves with Morgan Jones and James Watkins goals completing the tally.

Elsewhere Chirk AAA Reserves and Cefn Albion Reserves shared the spoils in a 2-2 draw in the FAW North East Reserve League.

Callum Mannion fired Albion ahead before Alistair Gibson levelled for the Colliers before the break.

Mannion restored Albion's lead with 20 minutes remaining before the visitors were reduced to 10 men with the dismissal of Tom Miller.

Lewis Clamp levelled for Chirk who also ended with 10 men following the dismissal of Gibson late on.