Three crews were called out after a house caught fire near Oswestry.

Three Shropshire Fire and Rescue teams were called out to Willows Crescent in West Felton yesterday (June 30) after reports of a house fire.

The teams rushed to the incident which saw the property filled with smoke.

According to the service on person had to be left in care of the West Midlands Ambulance Service while they tackled the fire.


Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that the fire originated in the kitchen and related to cooking being left unattended.

A Spokesperson for Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 12:22 on Sunday, June, 30, Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service Fire Control received a call reporting a fire classified as House Fire Persons Reported.

“Three fire appliances were mobilised from Baschurch, Ellesmere and Oswestry. An Operations officer was in attendance.

“Crews used a thermal imaging camera to tackle the fire.

“Also at the scene of the incident were: the Land Ambulance Service.

“Reports of a house filled with smoke- small fire involving unattended cooking, one casualty in care of West Midlands Ambulance service.”