A fire crew from Oswestry was called out to a rubbish fire, which had been set alight in someone’s rear garden.

A fire engine from Oswestry was mobilised after Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service received a call reporting a fire in the area on Monday, June 3, at 9.47pm.

A single fire appliance was sent out to Twmpath Lane in Gobowen, with the incident classified as a fire in open.

The incident involved a quantity of rubbish alight in rear garden, which crews tackled with a hose reel jet, rakes, shovels and mathooks as well as thermal imaging camera to check the condition of the rubbish pile.

The stop message was received at 10.22pm.