THE smell of burning was enough for two crews of Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) firefighters to be called out on Tuesday.

Two crews from Oswestry were sent to Ferrers Road shortly before 11.45pm on Tuesday.

An operations officer was also in attendance.


However, the incident proved to an issue with a faulty socket in the property.

A spokesman for SFRS said: “The incident involved a faulty electrical socket which was isolated by fire service personnel.”

A stop message was delivered to SFRS control at around 25 minutes later to confirm no further support was required.