UNATTENDED cooking was cause for concern in Oswestry on Friday night, with firefighters and police responding to reports of a fire at an address in the town.

The incident was reported at around 11pm at an address in Weston Close, Morda.

Firefighters from Oswestry and Ellesmere responded to the incident, along with an operations officer and West Mercia Police, which involved unattended cooking caused smoke logging.

The property was naturally ventilated and emergency services left the scene around 20 minutes later.