FAMILY and friends of a Chirk father who took his own life were told that it was clear he was loved and cared for at the inquest into his death.

13 family members and friends attended the inquest at Wrexham's Guildhall today (Thursday, February 20) into the death of 28-year-old Jason Lee Williams.

Recording a conclusion of suicide, Coroner for North Wales East and Central, John Gittins, said the people before him today showed Jason had been cared for and support was there for him even if he did not realise it when he made the decision to take his own life.

Jason, a garage door fitter who was well-known in the community as a keen footballer who played for Chirk Town, was found at his home in Trevor Row, Trevor Road, Chirk, in the early hours of October 1 last year.

In a statement read at the inquest Alice Dipper, who had been in an on and off relationship with Jason for 18 months, said she became increasingly concerned for his well-being during an exchange of text messages during the previous night and the early hours of October 1.

When friend, Shane Eastwood, of St Martins, raised concerns about Jason's Facebook status, Alice went to see him.

She exchanged more text messages with Jason, the last from him saying. "I love you so much", "I'm sorry", and "If you love me, let me go".

She found notes at his house and called the police.

Two police officers forced entry into the house and found doorways barricaded with furniture and more notes.

They found Mr Williams' body. There were empty medication packets in the property and a torn clear plastic bag containing white powder.

Paramedics attended and recorded a time of death of 6.16am.

A post-mortem examination revealed the presence of cocaine, at well above levels that could prove fatal, and higher than therapeutic levels of paracetamol.

Recording a cause of death of an overdose of cocaine and paracetamol and a conclusion of suicide, Mr Gittins told the family: "He was loved, he was cared for, he may have been troubled but he was supported."

In a statement read at the inquest, Jason's mum Sandra Jones said her son had suffered stress and panic attacks since 2014. He had had financial issues, relationship problems, there had been times when drugs were involved in his life, and there ongoing issues with seeing his children from a previous relationship.

Mr Gittins summarised: "There were lots of factors over the years that may have had an impact on his mental health."