FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire within an electricity sub station on Friday afternoon.

The firefighters and a utility company were called to a sub station in Hammonds Place, Gobowen at 16:42 after reports of smoke.

One fire engine was sent to the incident and breathing apparatus, dry powder extinguishers, positive pressure ventilation and a hosereel jet were used.

A spokesman for Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Reports of electricity sub station smoking.

"Crews using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet with foam, and one dry powder extinguisher.

"Positive pressure ventilation also in use.

"Scottish Power in attendance."