FIREFIGHTERS were called to a property fire in Oswestry on Wednesday morning.

Shropshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to the incident in Cross Street at 9.50am.

Fire engines from Oswestry and Ellesmere attended the scene.

The fire is believed to have been caused by unattended cooking.

Crews used breathing apparatus, a covering and hosereel jet and a thermal imaging camera to put out the blaze.

The fire was out at 10.37am.

Meanwhile, firefighters were also called to The Advertizer office in Oswald Road after the fire alarm was set off – thankfully just a false alarm.