NORTH WALES Fire and Rescue Service have successfully tackled a fire near Trevor Hall in Llangollen.

Three appliances, from Wrexham and Llangollen, battled the blaze that raged just off Trevor Hall Road towards the entrance of the luxurious Trevor Hall country house.

The incident was first reported to the emergency services shortly after 8.30am on Monday, June 3.

Border Counties Advertizer:

Border Counties Advertizer:

Image by Sean Thompson

The owner of Trevor Hall Estate, Louise Parker, confirmed the cause of the fire was a pile of old tyres.

She added: "It was completely accidental.

"Once one tyre had caught then they all went up, and the burning rubber created a large cloud of black smoke.

"Thankfully nobody was hurt and all of the animals are safe as well.

"A big thank you to North Wales Fire who were fantastic and dealt with the situation as quick as possible."

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service have released the following statement on their website:

"A fire officer is highlighting the importance of considering safety first when undertaking any burning of waste after a small fire in Trevor, Wrexham spread to nearby grass and tyres.

"Crews from Llangollen and Wrexham attended the fire at 08.37hrs this morning (Monday 3rd June) and tackled the fire which had spread from a small bonfire to foliage and a quantity of around 150 old tyres stored in the area."

Lee Williams from North Wales Fire and Rescue Service, said:  

“With the summer approaching, many residents may be considering burning garden waste. 

“However, controlled burns like this can easily get out of control and I’d ask everyone to keep safety in mind.

“When the weather is dry it is easy for fires to spread and burns can very quickly get out of control putting homes and the lives of crews and residents at risk.  So please think safety first before you light up your garden waste this summer.”