North West Counties Football League

Division One South

St Martins 3

FC Oswestry Town 2

KARL Bailey's injury-time winner earned the bragging rights for St Martins as they overcame rivals FC Oswestry Town on Tuesday evening.

The five-goal thriller ended in typical derby style with Bailey's effort in the 93rd minute proving to be the difference.

Town took the lead early in the first half but went in level at the break.

The Saints went 2-1 up in the second half but their lead lasted just two minutes before Louis Moss brought Town level with 15 minutes to play; however it was St Martins who took the three points with the late goal.

It was a quick start for Town who looked to put together another winning streak as the season draws to a close.

Dave Howarth fired home after 13 minutes of play after getting on the end of a dangerous cross and heading into the top-right corner from close range.

It was not until after the half hour mark when St Martins had their first chance of the evening.

Tawanda Melusi received the ball on the edge of the area and struck his effort first time, but his strike went over the crossbar.

The chance seemed to spark some momentum for Dan Stevens' men and they made the most of their chances when Bailey got his first goal of the game.

The forward was left unmarked in the area and found by a driven cross before smashing the ball into the bottom corner.

After the break, St Martins carried their momentum from the first half into the second and began attacking well.

A lot of the game was played in the middle of the park with both teams battling well.

The next goal of the game fell for the Saints to put them in the lead for the first time in the game.

Calum Bennet worked the ball well out wide and crossed to Stuart Dickin who placed his header well past goalkeeper Mason Springthorpe.

The lead lasted just a couple of minutes however; good work by Liam Parry on the wing for Town allowed him to square a pass to Louis Moss who rolled his effort into an open net.

Town's goal opened the game up as both sides searched for a winner.

With three minutes of time added at the end of the game, the Saints launched a ball into the area which was met by Bailey who found the net in dramatic fashion with the game's final chance.

St Martins who remain 10th in the table after their three points.

Meanwhile, Town remain sixth with three games remaining, and are now out of reach of the league leaders mathematically.

On Saturday, Town face Barnton at home on Saturday, April 13, while St Martins are next in action on Tuesday, April 16 away at Cammell Laird 1907.