The owners of Chirk's Brynkinalt Hall say they are extremely grateful for the fast actions of the fire services after a chimney fire last week.

Iain and Kate Hill-Trevor were alerted to the fire in the library by a smoke alarm at the listed property on Wednesday night.

North Wales Fire crews from Chirk, Llangollen and Wrexham attended the scene and quickly made sure the fire didn't spread after debris in the chimney had caught fire.

Mr Hill-Trevor said: "It was a simple chimney fire, but the flues are quite complicated.

"As the building was built in 1612, the construction of it and the flues which all link to one chimney are complex.

"But the fire brigade responded very quickly and were extremely efficient and calm.

"They stayed for a couple of hours and did a very thorough job to make sure everything was safe.

"We are extremely grateful for their quick response and hard work. Luckily there was minimal damage."