Witney Lane, Edge, Nr Malpas

Guide price

Bedrooms: 2
If you meet the right criteria, then this lovely mid-terraced house could belong to you!

The current asking price represents 80% shared ownership and you pay a nominal rent on the remaining 20%.

To say that this property is far larger than external appearances suggest is an understatement - Yes, it is the proverbial Doctor Who's Tardis and probably should have been built as a 3 bedroom property, rather than 2.

Not only that, it occupies a generous plot including a lovely long rear garden with mature trees, a lawn and a patio on which to relax and unwind in the summer months. There is even a timber cabin with light, power, desk and shelves, ideal for those who need an office to work from home or alternatively, just as a ‘man cave’ as a retreat for those who wish to escape from the rest of the world!

Internally, no expense has been spared refitting the full width kitchen/diner and there is also the benefit of a downstairs WC. The master bedroom is gargantuan (for a modern property) and even the second bedroom is a spacious 'double'.

The house is located within a semi-rural hamlet on the outskirts of Malpas, just over 2 miles from the centre, with its associated local amenities including doctors, dentist, optician, public houses, restaurants, shops, sports facilities, local supermarket and a church, to name but a few!

Most importantly, it is within the catchment area for the highly regarded Bishop Heber High School.

One of the main attractions of living in this area is the fast road link (A41) to the nearby market town of Whitchurch in the south and Chester to the north, plus road links to Wrexham to the west.

Entrance Hall

14' 6'' x 6' 3'' (4.42m x 1.90m)

Laminate flooring, slim line electric night storage heater and staircase to first floor with recess below.


14' 3'' x 11' 0'' (4.34m x 3.35m)

Slim line electric night storage heater and laminate flooring.


5' 10'' x 2' 10'' (1.78m x 0.86m)

Pedestal wash hand basin and close coupled WC. Laminate flooring.

Refitted Kitchen/Diner

17' 8'' x 8' 9'' (5.38m x 2.66m)

One and a half bowl stainless steel sink inset in granite worktops with drawers, cupboards, storage and plumbing for washing machine below, space for free-standing cooker with tiled splashback and illuminated extractor hood above, wall cupboards, part tiled walls, laminate flooring and french doors leading to rear garden.


6' 8'' x 6' 0'' (2.03m x 1.83m)

Loft access hatch and airing cupboard with insulated hot water cylinder.

Bedroom 1

14' 3'' x 11' 1'' (4.34m x 3.38m)

A very spacious bedroom with slim line electric panel heater and built-in wardrobe.

Bedroom 2

12' 1'' x 10' 4'' (3.68m x 3.15m)

Slim line electric panel heater.


6' 10'' x 5' 8'' (2.08m x 1.73m)

Panelled bath with mains mixer shower unit above, pedestal wash hand basin and close coupled WC. Electric shaver point, extractor fan and slim line electric panel heater.


Block paved driveway to the front of the house with parking space for 2 cars.

Good sized enclosed rear garden laid to lawn, with bushes, trees, paved patio and leading to a further gravel area with mature trees and timber cabin/home office/man cave with lights, power, desk and shelving.


Mains water and electricity. Shared septic tank.


Electric night storage heaters on Economy 7 tariff.


Leasehold - 125 years from 03/08/2007.

Council Tax

Cheshire West and Chester Council - Tax Band B.


The asking price represents 80% ownership via Muir Housing. The rent on the remaining 20% from April 2023 to March 2024 is £213.27 per month, including ground rent, service charge and buildings insurance.

The property is also designed to give people with a local connection the first opportunity to buy. The following local connection requirements apply: Connection to the local area by way of residency, employment or close family connections. CONTACT THE SELLING AGENTS FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

Purchasers will be required in the first instance to undertake an affordability assessment with an independent financial adviser (available via AJ Reid Independent Estate Agents Limited).

A purchaser of a shared ownership property will need to be eligible for shared ownership and complete an application form which will be sent out by Muir on receipt of the selling agents memorandum of sale.


From Whitchurch, head north along A41 through Grindley Brook, signposted for Chester. Follow this road for just under 4 miles and at the Hampton roundabout, take the second exit into Witney Lane and the property is located after a short distance on the right hand side.

Legislation Requirement

To ensure compliance with the latest Anti-Money Laundering regulations, buyers will be asked to produce identification documents prior to the issue of sale confirmation.

Referral Arrangements

We are paid an introducers fee of £120 including VAT per conveyancing transaction referred to and signed up by certain Conveyancers and we earn 30% of the fee/commission earned by the Broker on referral signed by Financial Advisers and Just Mortgages. Please ask for more details.

01948 665566

AJ Reid - Whitchurch

23 Green End, Whitchurch, Shopshire, SY13 1AD

See all properties from this agent

Send me homes like this by email

This field is required
Please enter a valid email address