BECOME an Advertizer Hope House Children’s Hospices fundraiser.
The Morda-based hospice provides care and support to life-limited children, young people and their families from Shropshire, Cheshire, North and Mid Wales.
A range of services is offered, including respite and end-of-life care at the hospices and/or within the family home, and support such as counselling,
advocacy and the promotion of children, young people’s and carers' rights.
Children, young people and family members are welcomed into a friendly, homely environment, with the child or young person at the centre.
The support offered includes physical, psychological and spiritual care from a team including experienced doctors, nurses and other care professionals.
Support is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Hope House in Morda, near Oswestry, was designed to take a total of eight children in specially-designed single rooms with up to five families accompanying them in separate accommodation within the hospice. In very exceptional circumstances two family rooms can be brought into use for sick children when emergencies arise.
At Hope House they have a large, bright and sunny playroom, a special lounge for young people and young adults, an outside playground and large landscaped gardens, a computer room, a hydrotherapy pool used for regular physiotherapy sessions, a multi-sensory room, a large communal dining room, lounges for families and parents and a well-equipped music room where the children and their siblings enjoy music therapy sessions.
They also have a Snowflake Room, or special bedroom, which enables the family to stay close to their child after they have died and before the funeral.
In grounds adjacent to the hospice is our new self-contained Sunstone Counselling Centre.
Families living in the North Wales area receive a similar service at Ty Gobaith, their hospice in Conwy.
* £250 means Hope House Children’s Hospice can arrange a day out to remember for a terminally ill child and their loving family.
* £500 provides 30 hours of music therapy which can help children use music to feel better and to express their feeling.
* £700 will ensure 24 hours of care is provided for a terminally ill child at our hospices.
* £2,000 covers the cost of a family using the hospice’s Snowflake suite, a specially adapted bedroom enabling them to spend time with their their child who has died while receiving bereavement support.
* So let’s see how much WE can raise for this fantastic cause throughout 2015.